This coursepack contains the following readings for BCAR 4023 in .PDF format:
- Groys, Boris. “Critical Reflections,” The State of Art Criticism. Michael Newman and James Elkins, eds. Routledge, 2007. 61-69.
- Herwitz, Daniel. “Art and Experience,” Aesthetics: Key Concepts in Philosophy. Continuum, 2006. 78-112.
- Pitts, Stephanie E., Sarah M. Price. “‘It’s okay not to like it’: The Appeal and Frustrations of the Contemporary Arts,” Understanding Audience Engagement in the Contemporary Arts. Taylor & Francis, 2020. 131-151.
- Scott, Jason. “’Off-Beat’ as a Generic Designation in Variety Reviews.” The Shifting Definitions of Genre. Edited by Lincoln Geraghty and Mark Jancovich. Mcfarland & Company, Inc., 2009. 52-60.
- Leuthold, Steven M. “Art, Culture, and Hybridity,” Cross-Cultural Issues in Art: Frames for Understanding. Taylor & Francis, 2010. 10-26.
- Bordwell, David. “Routines and Practices.” Making Meaning. Harvard University Press, 1991. 19-42.
- Metz, Christian. “On the Impression of Reality in the Cinema.” Film Language: A Semiotics of the Cinema (Translated by Michael Taylor). The University of Chicago Press, 1974. 3-15.
- Witek, Joseph. “’You Can Do Anything with Words and Pictures: Harvey Pekar’s American Splendor,” The Narrative Art of Jack Jackson, Art Spiegelman, and Harvey Pekar. University Press of Mississippi, 1989. 121-156.
- Watkins, Samuel Craig. “Our Future… Right Here, Right Now!,” Hip Hop Matters: Politics, Pop Culture, and the Struggle for the Soul of a Movement. Beacon Press, 2005. 187-205.
- Stallabrass, Julian. “Time as Space, Space as Time,” Internet Art: The Online Clash of Culture and Commerce. Tate, 2003. 40-59.
File size is roughly 43 MB.
All coursepacks/downloads can be downloaded three times.
Required / Optional: REQUIRED
THIS ITEM IS NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a downloadable .pdf file. There will be no items shipped to you. You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this file.
After purchasing this item you will receive an email link from which you can download the file. Please save the file to your computer after downloading it.